Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

The girl who didn't speak

I met  her in India. She totally stole my heart. And it only took her a day to do so..
Here is why :

" If you would see me running down the street, full of energy and attitude, making faces as I run past you, you wouldn't be able to say that I can't hear almost anything and that I'm actually very sweet and gentle. I'm pretty good at hiding it, aren't I ?
But if you would play with me or show me your music player, you would have me in your lap and showing you how to use this device. Without using words of course. Because then you would notice that I'm different from other kids. I don't speak, nor can I hear what you say. It's almost like playing game of quietness, I like it!!
  But I love the attention, I get upset when other kids steal it from me. I will stare them down and show everybody how upset I am by walking away..
If you're clever, you know how to make me want to sit with you again. I'll give you a little hint: Your interesting and surprisingly flat music player. You have to show me that you want to be my friend. You have to work on our friendship. And if you win me over, you'll have my friendship forever, or until the next time you see me again.
   But the day is not over jet, we still have nap time. So come & lay down next to me. Give me your hand and I'll show you what I would like for you to do. Put your finger on my palm and watch what I do. Gently make slow circles and trace my fingers, touching every fingertip one by one. Please don't stop and I promise I will fall asleep soon. I will snuggle with you till nap time is over. And before the day is over I will climb up your feet while you sit on the bench and make you laugh by dancing on your lap!
I will give you a big hug and disappear fast, hoping to see you tomorrow again.
I'm the girl who doesn't speak. I am being raised by many women and I live in the brothels. "


No comments:

Post a Comment