Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Getting closer

   Well today we are one step closer to Christmas and I actually forgot that today is when we light our first candle and it has always been a big thing for me personally. Since I was a kid I was somehow apart of this event.. lighting our first candle and countind down the weeks til Christmas day.
When I was a kid I remember how we had this angel thing..where you could place four candles and then the angels started to move in a circle and make a beautiful sound...
    Now I am not a kid anymore and things have changed, but not the holiday feeling and the feeling of waiting for something to come.. As a kid ofcourse you wait for the presents and getting your stockings filled with candies by Santa's little helpers.. I will put my stocking on a window to continue the childhood fun but not because of the candies.. maybe for one or two.. :)
But anyways my point is that how wonderful it is to step into a Chirstmas-time. I love the atmosphere arount my hometown.. all the christmas lights and decorations on windows. The joy of snow (even though we are still waiting on our snow) and people being happy. I wish this would be all the time but I think there might be a special reason why this is the way it is.. Because know it or not it is the joy of our Christ who's Birthday is coming. Our saviour who was born on earth. I am waiting on that selebration to come.
And even though everything is not so wonderful all the time and I have been struggling a lot and putting this fake smile on my face for people.. I am not fake-smiling over Christmas. It is the time of the year when I get to see my dear papa coming to Estonia and also one of my favourite seasons .. Season of Jesus Birthday :)
So to my blogger: I wish you a happy and lovely time of Christ.mas !

Have a blessed day my dear
Liis.

No comments:

Post a Comment